BMP to PNG
- BMP is a native image format in
Windows. BMP supports RGB colors, color indexing, shades of gray, and the
bit-oriented format. For a BMP image, you can use a Windows or OS/2® format,
and a bit depth of up to 32 bits per channel. For 4 or 8 bit images
compatible with Windows, you can also use the RLE compression method.
- The PNG format (abbreviation of
"Portable Network Graphics") was developed to replace another popular image
format, GIF. On the one hand, PNG was meant to be a free alternative for
GIF, whose creator patented it and, starting from 1995, demanded royalties
from software developers who made applications for the Web. On the other
hand, PNG was to overcome GIF's drawbacks related to its limited number of
colors. PNG is not patented and can be used by anyone free of charge. PNG
files can be recognized by the .PNG extension.
Image Assistant lets you convert multiple
BMP files into the PNG format in a few clicks. How to do it:
1. Download, install, and launch Image
2. Click the Add Images button and select the BMP files to be converted.
3. Click the Next button and select "PNG" in the drop-down menu.
4. Click the Convert button.
Download Image Assistant now and enjoy its
unlimited capabilities at converting images!