BMP to GIF
- BMP is a native format of Microsoft
Paint, a simple image editor bundled with Windows. The
BMP format uses a
lossless data compression algorithm called RLE (run-length encoding).
Nowadays, more efficient formats exist that achieve much higher compression
ratios. That's why BMP files, which usually have a large size, are rarely
used for the Web.
- GIF is an abbreviation of "Graphics
Interchange Format." GIF files have a small size and may contain a few
"frames" (images), which makes it possible to create simple animations. The
GIF format's major drawback is its limited number of colors.
Image Assistant lets you easily convert any
BMP file to a GIF file. How to do it:
1. Download, install, and launch Image
2. Click the Add Images button and select the BMP files to be converted.
3. Click the Next button and select "GIF" in the drop-down menu.
4. Click the Convert button.
The application has a simple, user friendly
interface. Image Assistant makes image conversion as easy as possible!